Monday, July 9, 2012

Life After The Ultimate Reset

You guys I went to bed last night feeling awful.  And I woke up during the night feeling just as bad.  But I got up feeling fine and I was careful not to screw it up.  I had a nice kiwi/orange/pear/cherry smoothie for breakfast, no time for a morning snack, Shakeology with half almond milk & half water/ice for lunch, oatmeal with natural peanut butter for afternoon snack, and a nice salad with VERY little grilled chicken and homemade creamy garlic dressing for dinner, followed by veggies and hummus for an evening snack.

Because I can, not because I have to.

And I feel good.  I was pretty hungry between breakfast and lunch but other than that I was fine.  But I also didn't work out.  I know I would have been hungrier if I had.

I had a brief period on my way home from getting my hair cut where I could have totally pulled into McDonald's and ordered a milk shake, but it passed.  

I got my bloodwork this morning and they are supposed to mail me my results, so in then next week or two I should know how much my cholesterol dropped.  I'm very interested in that.  When I went to pick up my order they tried to push cholesterol meds on me again.  Not havin' it.

The next few days are going to be extremely challenging foodwise.  Tomorrow is one of the two days a week when I force the boy to dine with me.  I bought steak before I started feeling truly horrible yesterday.  I really think the ickiness was more from the sugar and/or the dairy but I will still go very light on my portion tomorrow and have a side of veggies.  No potato, no bread.  Then Wednesday night there is a work dinner at a very nice local seafood place, Thursday we're having italian food brought in for lunch and then Thursday night is another work dinner at a very nice steak place.  Oh yeah and then Friday I think my guy and I are going out to dinner. 

Thank goodness for smoothies and Shakeology.  

But I need to keep reminding myself of two things:

1) None of these meals will be my 'last chance for good food', as I often convince myself is the case and...

2) I am not paying for any of this, so I can avoid the "If I have to pay for it I'm getting something I REALLY like" trap.  

It is not an opportunity to pig out and eat food that will put weight on me and leave me feeling like crap.  Instead, it is an opportunity to have HEALTHY food without the prep and cleanup.  

Yeah, that's the ticket.

One thing I do know is that I am EXHAUSTED.  I don't know if it's from being up late then getting up early to go to the bloodletting, if it's from yesterday's poor food choices or if it's from this gosh darned sore throat that is creeping up on me for the THIRD DAMN TIME in as many months...but I am fixin' to hit the sack.

In the morning, I shall lift weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment