Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When I start talking to people I just get confused.

I haven't posted anything here in months.  I've been at a loss for written words.  There hasn't been that much going on. I try to keep things here in the BOL positive and to be perfectly honest I'm not feeling so positive lately.

Today I'm downright pissy.  And you know what?  It's my blog, and I'll be pissy if I want to.

It's election day.  Or as I call it...erection day.  Pick a dick, any dick.  I voted for Obama in 2008. I'm not ashamed of that fact.  I wholeheartedly believe it was the right thing to do given the options (McCain/Palin? Seriously?).  And my gut still tells me (and please, for the love of God don't try to convert me.  I'm just not up to it.) Romney...well I'm not a fan of the Republican platform on the whole and him in particular....I believe that if he had his way (and I am not of the belief that he would have his way even if he was President) it would be devastating for women's rights, women's health issues, gay rights, etc.

But with all of that said, 2016: Obama's America was pretty freaking unsettling.  My president whispering in the Russian president's ear is a bit of a concern.  And at least one person who is pretty important to me, who I believe to be one of the smartest people in most rooms, believes he is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.

And please don't try explain away any of that stuff there /\ either...because I just can't process any more political mumbo jumbo today.  My head hurts for the third evening in a row and it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that I could throw my computer or phone through a window.  I can't afford a new computer or phone.  So let's just agree to disagree, mnkay?

The truth lies somewhere between the two viewpoints, I'm sure.  But given the information I have taken the time to review (which, I admit, isn't all that much)....my considered opinion is....I have no freaking clue.

So yaknow what?  I'm not voting and you can't make me.   Don't even try.  People have been trying all day, as I sat in my office 7 miles from home wearing shoes and a bra, and they were not successful.  So trust me when I tell you that as I sit at home in my jammies with my dog on my lap, short of coming at me with a burning stake (and I have feared just that at various points of today) you are not getting my ass out of this overstuffed chair.

I just honestly don't feel that I'm qualified to choose the person who will lead this country for the next four years.  I'm not claiming that the information isn't available to me.  There is no conspiracy to keep me ignorant.  I'm not even claiming it's because I work too much or because I'm a single mom or because I have to take care of this Godforsaken yard and house because, let's face it, I've seen every episode of Long Island Medium and I haven't seen 8am on a Saturday in months.  I just know that lots of people who are far smarter than me with far more time on their hands, some of whom are actually PAID to figure this shit out, some of them even THINK they have it all figured out...are flat out wrong.  Think about it!!  Of all of the people who go on TV and say that this candidate or that candidate is absolutely, positively the right choice....at least half of them have to be WRONG!  Am I to assume they're all idiots?  No!  Am I to assume that one candidate is evil and the other is our nation's savior?  Nah.  It's all a matter of perspective.

I don't know enough to have a perspective of my own, and when I start talking to people I just get confused.

Wow...that's the blondest thing I've said in years...but it's true.  One person will make valid points and I'll start to lean one way, then I'll talk to someone else and think "Hmm....maybe I was wrong".  

So if right now you want to tell me that I'm a bad American because I didn't vote today, don't bother.  It's been done.  If you want to tell I have no cause to be confused because CLEARLY (insert your candidate's name here) is the right choice, again don't bother.  I've heard from your people already and I didn't like them.  Don't make me not like you.

While we're at it if you want to tell me that I'm a slacker and a loser because I watch TV, don't read enough, don't eat enough vegetables, am neither vegetarian nor vegan, do not keep kosher, do not eat entirely organic, don't exercise enough, don't volunteer enough, don't drive a hybrid or electric car, spend too much money at Starbucks, don't give enough to charity, work too much, work too little, am too strict with The Boy or not strict enough, or anything else you don't like about me....don't bother.  All of your people have been up my ass in the last few days...there is no more room up there.

Why can't people just accept each other??  Why does everyone have to try to convert everyone else to their way of thinking?  Why do people have to try to belittle people who think or act or dress or look or feel different than they do?  Thousands of years on this planet and we still, as a race, haven't learned that we're all different and that's ok?  Better than ok...it's awesome.  It's how it's supposed to be, so stop fighting it!

Ok I'm done ranting.  Now I have to go try to figure out how to turn off comments on this thing before everyone starts trying to tell me how wrong I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment