Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Dreaded Vacation Slideshow

To the 18 people who viewed my blog last week...or the one person who viewed it 18 times...thank you!  But, what the heck were you looking for?

To the rest of you, I'm sorry I've been so absent.  I've been pretty dang busy, as you'll see below.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd be visiting family and they'd bring out the slide projector and looked at vacation pictures?  Yeah...buckle up.

The Boy and I went on a cruise.  On Carnival.  Yes, I'm brave like that (or I'm CHEAP like that).  Eight days with The Boy.  And I didn't even force him to do it.  Turns out HE'S the brave one.

On Saturday the 25th we jumped in the car (I say that as though it wasn't a monumental, stress-inducing feat of planning and work both at the office and at home) and drove to Baltimore.  It's a 6 1/2 hour drive without stops.  With a 47 year old woman possessing a bladder the size of a pea and an 18 year old smoker who isn't allowed to smoke in the car it's more like 8 hours.  Thank God for Pandora's comedy channels, making it only seem like 20 hours.

We spent the night at THE WORST HOTEL EVER.  Upon arrival The Boy found a bathing suit hanging on the back of the bathroom door, causing (paranoid) me to wonder if the previous guests weren't entirely checked out.  The whole place smelled overwhelmingly like my grandmother and (I shit you not) the water was BROWN.  When I called the front desk to inform them that the sink and tub water was coming out brown the response was "Yeah sorry, that happens sometimes".  And this was a four star hotel!  Very disappointing.

Sunday afternoon we boarded the ship.

SO freeping cute!

This was The Boy's first cruise.  I truly expected him to find a group of people his age and desert me.  I was armed with several books, one being full of writing prompts.  A little notebook and my laptop.  But it turned out to be lots of really good Mom/Boy time.  So my lack of inspired writing is his fault.

Sunday evening, all day Monday and all day Tuesday we looked at a whole lot of this, which was exactly what I needed.

Oooh...aaahhh.

Chillin.

We could not have asked for nicer weather.  We swam a little.  Went to comedy shows at night.  But mostly just relaxed.  We even sat in our little cabin and rented a couple of movies...because that's what we felt like doing...so mneh.


On Wednesday we were in Port Canaveral Florida.  We went to Coco beach.  The ocean was rough and I'm a big baby.  We swam a little, we went to Pizza Hut for lunch (gee...whose choice do you think THAT was?) and we went back to the boat...uh ship.  Whatever.

On Thursday we were in the Bahamas.  Nassau.  We took a bus to Atlantis.  Oh my GOSH is this place beautiful!  But HUGE!!!


Our "little" ship on the right.

Ok Mom, enough with the pictures.



Dolphin Cay was beautiful and the dolphins were just SO cool!  This one was pregnant.  She was very sweet.

Two beers, two mudslides, two APPETIZERS..$75.  
Buying The Boy his first legal beer...priceless.

Friday we were in Freeport, but only from 7am to 1:30 PM.  We decided not to even get off the ship.  My foot was DONE after all the walking in Florida and Nassau.  So we relaxed.

Our view of Freeport.

The rest of the trip was just on the boat, just me an the boy hanging out, which was fine with me.

 The view from our favorite seat on the deck.

We got back to Baltimore on Sunday morning and were home on Sunday night.  I unpacked Sunday night and re-packed on Monday night.  I was on a plane to Chicago on Tuesday afternoon.  I spent three days in a classroom during the day and here at night.

I'm DONE.  I'm whopped and I'm glad to be home.  I missed The Boy while I was in Chicgao and I missed my dogs the whole dang time.  Now I'm at the point where I have so much to do I'm frozen in indecision....and therefore doing this.  And not a very good job of it at that.  I'm sorry it's such an uninspired blog entry.  It is,  remember, The Boy's fault.

Today's lunch.....no idea.  Frozen in indecision again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment