Saturday, August 24, 2013

Things I Should Be Doing Other Than Writing

I wish I was a writer.  I don't even mean that in the sense of "One who is paid to write", though that would be awesome beyond belief, but I just mean someone who regularly composes more than emails and Facebook blurbs (I do, beeteedubs, rule both of those venues).

I mean like I would like to be able to tell people "I am the author of Blogoverlunch.  You've never heard of it?  Oh it's a blog on blogspot.com, you should go check it out!" and know that if they do they would find something more entertaining than my vacation pictures or musings on a three month old news story.  I want to be able to point people there and know there will always be something new and relatively entertaining.

Yeah, I also want to be able to invite people into my home and know it will always be clean.  Like that'll happen.

Every time I vow to be better about most things (responsible, grown up things), I experience a crazy and fascinating metamorphosis.  I become.....

Credit: I have no freaking clue but if anyone knows who does this comic let me know because she is AWESOME!!!

But the thing of it is is, this writing deal is something I actually ENJOY.  So why don't I do it more?

Because my brain insists that before I make time to write I need to.....
  • Do the laundry
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Clean The Pug's ears
  • Mop the floors (running Scooba doesn't count)
  • Vacuum (running Roomba doesn't count)
  • Force The Boy to eat a healthy meal
  • Mow the Goddamned yard
  • Fertilize the Goddamned yard
  • Weed the Goddamned yard
  • Burn down the Goddamned yard
  • Shave my legs
  • Pluck my eyebrows
  • Revolutionize Payroll as we know it
  • Make everyone who doesn't like me love me
  • Mend fences
  • Build fences
  • Fireproof bridges
  • Go to the grocery store
  • Go to therapy
  • Go to the chiropractor
  • Power wash the house
  • Stain the deck
  • Write a mission statement
  • Join a gym
  • Become vegetarian
  • Plant a garden
  • Learn to garden
  • Rescue some dogs
  • Wash my dogs
  • Empty the dishwasher
  • Load the dishwasher
  • Run the dishwasher
  • Repeat repeat repeat
  • Repave the driveway
  • Burn the grass clippings
  • Get more sleep
  • Learn to be realistic
  • Google images about procrastination
  • Figure out the source of the comic

And so the blog waits.

But you guys I'm going to try to move BOL up on the to-do list.  Somewhere under laundry, grocery shopping and making sure the Board of Health doesn't cordon off my house.  

I miss you.  

So hey!  Good news!!  I have to have foot surgery in about three weeks.  I will be in a cast for a month and unable to drive.  I'll be a prisoner to my home, with my laptop as my only connection to the outside world (well, yaknow, aside from all of my awesome friends who have offered to help me and take me places....cut me some slack, it's called "poetic license").  I won't be able to work in the Goddamned yard.  What a shame.  I'm heartbroken. I'll be limited as to the stuff I can do around the house.  I also won't be able to drive to McDonald's for my beloved iced coffee...but I'm almost ok with it.  My point is I will have far less pulling at me and I hope to make more time to write

For now, however, thar's weeds out thar that need killin.  

Today's lunch...holy crap it's lunchtime!  Where did the morning go?  Gotta run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment