Monday, April 11, 2011

A half gallon of milk, two bottles of iced tea, three Amy's entrees, a four pack of yogurt, a pair of socks, four full pill organizers and a nylon tote soaked with rain water

Day three on the supplements and you guys I feel GREAT!  Admittedly I am prone to fairly intense mood swings that sometimes even go in the good direction, so I'm not ready to totally say the vitamins are 100% behind it, but mentally and physically I feel really good...well, except for this excruciating pain in my elbows.

Yeah, it hasn't escaped me that I'm taking all of these pills primarily to eliminate the pain in my elbows, but there is much healing that needs to be done inside these little joints and it's not even remotely reasonable to expect relief yet on that front. 

Saturday, which was day one, I had a rediculous amount of energy.  I didn't make it to the gym but still managed to burn 3200 calories.  A day that includes a trip to the gym typically runs between 2800 and 3000, so I was pretty impressed.  I did a bunch of cleaning and running around and seemed to be tireless.

Sunday, day two, my energy waned a bit.  I was sound asleep by 9:30, but it may have been backlash from the nearly manic energy of the day before.  Or it may have been due to having a wee bit too much wine on Saturday night.

That or it's all a crap shoot.

So I got on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 pounds from last Monday.  I found myself, however, stifling any self-directed attagirls because 1) I gained 1.8 lbs the previous week and 2) it has taken me EIGHT FREAKING MONTHS to lose 19 lbs.

BUT...I stopped at the grocery store on my way in to pick up lunches and milk and such to keep at work.  It was pouring rain when I got to the office so I crammed everything into my tote bag so that I could carry it in one hand.  Purse, keys and umbrella in the other.

Well the bag of stuff I bought felt like it was going to rip my forearm out of my elbow socket.  Obviously this feeling was increased by the tendonitis, but I got to wondering how much it weighed.

So when I got in to my office, before anyone else arrived to witness this obvious symptom of mental illness, I weighed my groceries. 

And this heavy-ass bag I was struggling with weighed only a bit over 11 pounds!  How did I manage to haul my big carcas around on a daily basis when it was 19 pounds heavier??!!

Basically I've lost almost double the equivalent of a half gallon of milk, two bottles of iced tea, three Amy's entrees, a four pack of yogurt, a pair of socks, four full pill organizers and a nylon tote soakd with rain water.  Maybe that's what I should start telling people.

"Are you losing weight?"

"Yes...as a matter of fact I've lost a half gallon of milk, two bottles of iced tea, three Amy's entrees, a four pack of yogurt, a pair of socks, four full pill organizers and a nylon tote soaked with rain water...times two....thanks for noticing"

That is assuming anyone will ever be able to tell by looking at me that I've lost weight.  Yeah, one of these days.

Today's lunch.  Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese.  This stuff doesn't even warrant a picture.  It should be called Reduced Flavor Mac & Cheese or Reduced Mac & Cheese Mac & Cheese.  Much smaller and not nearly as tasty as this.



Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment