Friday, January 14, 2011

Good Stuff - Living, Breathing Edition

Today I'm feeling appreciative of all the good people and things in my life.  History tells us that this little burst of happiness is just the universe's way of fucking with me and soon I will be dealt some turn of luck, fate or yes, even just an ugly mood swing which will take all of this appreciation and turn it into snarky, cynical irritation.  So let's hop on this happy little train while we can, shall we?

As I've gone about my typical Friday morning I've compiled a list of people and things for which I'm grateful.  I'll start with the living & breathing entries on this list and throw other things in down the line.  I hope to make this a regular segment here on my little blog.  Original?  No.  But it's my blog and I'll be cliche if I want to!

First, there's This Kid.



Cute huh?  Yeah, he knows it too.  You will come to know him as The Boy.  He'll be 16 on Monday.  I love him more than I can say, and because of that he has the ability to piss me off like nobody else.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ultimate injustice is that you can divorce a man and then your child turns into him. 


There's This Guy:



The Man.  In this picture he's driving my car.  This means I must love him very much, because I also love my car (though it neither lives nor breathes and therefore must wait until a later entry for adequate homage to be paid).   I have yet to find a better title for him so "boyfriend" is what he's stuck with even though neither of us is in high school.  Life Partner is more accurate but seems to have been copywrited by the homosexual community. I don't know many homosexuals but the ones on TV seem very nice so let's not piss them off.  "The Man" will do for now. 

There's These Two:


The offspring of The Man.  I refer to them as My Girls.  They're not my daughters, but they're My Girls.   Love Love Love.

And these two:


The Pug and The Puppy.  The Puppy is a year and a half old but he's just cute enough and just stupid enough that he will always be a puppy to me.  The Pug is old and deaf and, as I believe all pugs are, just ugly enough to be adorable.  I love them far more than is logical, and The Man just doesn't get it.  I think I'm supposed to believe he dislikes them...but who wouldn't love those faces?

And then there are my friends.  I'm extremely blessed in this regard.  I have several dear old friends (the friendships are old, the people are every bit as youthful and spry as yours truly) who have seen me through the best and worst moments of my life.  I have many online friends, and I never want to discount those relationships simply due to lack of in-person howdy-do's.  So often they've seen me through ordeals that I didn't feel I could share with in-person aquaintances and for that I'm eternally grateful. 

So those are my peeps.  As I mentioned it is Friday, and I've spent the majority of the last five days with only the company my esteemed coworkers.  I miss my peeps.  Come on weekend!  Ooh....adding weekend to the list of good stuff.

Todays' Lunch - Chicken Noodle Soup & Crackers.  High sodium bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment