Friday, June 29, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 13 - In Search of Fennel.

Today has been long and hard and I'm exhausted.

Made my breakfast and took a picture of it like a good resetter:

Strawberry, orange, apple, grape smoothie.


"What?", you say, "No picture of it actually as a smoothie???"  Yeah well I poured the deliciousness into my cup with a lid, loaded it into my big bag along with my gallon of reset water, my lunch and my purse, grabbed my ice water and ran out the door....leaving my phone on the counter next to the blender.

You have to understand...I am more attached to my iPhone than just about anyone I know.  I don't know how I got all the way to work without realizing I didn't have it...but I did.  And I was PISSED.

So when lunchtime rolled around I went home to enjoy my Microgreen salad with beets and avocado on it.

Yep, hauled it to work, just to turn around and haul it back again.

It's a well traveled salad.


And fortunately, because my boss is awesome, I was able to stay there for the rest of the day, working from my kitchen table/desk.

The Boy doesn't like to eat in the kitchen.  Given his druthers he will eat in the living room every time.  So my kitchen table has sort of turned into an office space, where I have to shove my laptop out of the way to sit down and eat dinner when it's just me.  Well the office-ness of the table expanded significantly today because my elbows simply won't take a half day of working on this laptop keyboard with this little mouse finger draggy screen thingy (a technical term)....so I dragged out some stuff I never threw away from the days of the home office with the desktop computer and actual desk.

Kickin' it Old School.  Word.

Yes the monitor is a bit far away for my old eyes but my ergonomic keyboard and cordless mouse make it all worth it.

I settled in to work the afternoon away, and actually got quite a bit done, paid a quick and desperately needed visit to the chiropractor, then I made a really bad decision....to do my grocery shopping.

I really only needed to zip in and buy a squash for tonight's dinner.  Nothing else would be really needed 'till Sunday afternoon.  But I opted to just get it overwith.  It seemed like a good idea as I was leaving the chiropractor.  An hour and a half and two stores later, when it was 7 pm and I hadn't even STARTED making dinner, not so much.

Fortunately dinner was very easy.

Acorn Squash with Garlic Tahini Filling 
and Brussels Sprouts.

This filling is AMAZING.  I will definitely have this again. Maybe even tomorrow.  I have leftover squash and it's already cooked.  I cooked the whole thing but only ate half.  So I'd just have to make more filling.

Tomorrow I'm working from home all day so I don't have to make lunch tonight.  I think it may be a sign that I work too much and cook too much when I look forward to the weekends so I can NOT pack my lunch and so that I can ONLY work during the day and take the nights off.

Hopefully a big push this weekend will get me on top of things for the first time in months.

A girl can hope.

As I was leaving the grocery store, starving and tired and frustrated by my inability to locate a frigging fennel bulb, I got a text message from a certain gentleman, just telling me that he's proud of me for sticking with this.  The timing couldn't have been better. I wasn't ready to quit or anything, because I've come too far at this point, but I was really hating the process at that moment.  It was a temporary feeling that would have passed with or without that text message, but it passed far more quickly because of it.  This is really worthwhile you guys.  SO worthwhile.  I'm learning so much, about food and what I like and how to properly fuel my body and how to cook.  I feel physically better than I have in ages, even though I'm exhausted a good portion of the time.  Hell my allergies are almost completely gone and my skin is better than it's been in years and my pants are falling off.  But it's hard.  Especially the shopping.  I hate the shopping.  With the exception of the Goddamned fennel bulb I am DONE reset shopping.  Yes I will buy many of these things again, but not all at freaking once.

No comments:

Post a Comment