Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Ultimate Reset - T Minus 3 Days and Counting - My Diet Cokes are Numbered


Here I am again, on a plane.  What has become of the girl who rarely left Ohio?  It’s been a year and 3 days since XBF left and this is my fifth or sixth flight since then.
 
Wow…a year and three days.  And the crazy thing is that the anniversary came and went without realization.  I only realized it just now because in trying to count my travels I included the trips to visit XBF’s short-term replacement, Texas, down south.

As I float above the clouds, somewhere between Cleveland and Providence, once again enjoying the fact that the seat next to me is empty (I do have good luck as far as that goes) I’ve been reflecting on the last year.

Ok who are we kidding?  I’ve been working…but I’ve done all I can for the moment without benefit of wi-fi so I’m fixin’ to reflect.

This time last year I was an absolute disaster.  I was fat and unhealthy.  While I believe, to some extent, these terms can be mutually exclusive, I was the poster child for both categories.  And I am not over-dramatizing when I say that I was grief stricken and terrified.  And truth be told I hadn’t even experienced a fraction of the misery that the summer of 2011 would bring.  
 
But I don’t want to focus on that awful time.  It’s over, it’s done, and if the past is any indication I have roughly six years before I will have a clump of setbacks like that again.  2005 and 2011 are both closed books and I intend to be positive…..until 2017 rolls around, at which time I will probably hide under the bed for a year.

Something very good that came out of this year was my affiliation with Beachbody.  I’ve discovered that there are types of exercise that I actually enjoy and that health drinks don’t have to be gross.  Oh and that I can make money helping people make the same discoveries and then some. 
Through Beachbody I have made many friends and found many inspirations.  I have heard stories of people who have overcome obstacles far greater than mine in order to achieve more than I have ever dreamed of.  And I don’t mind telling you, I want me some of that shit.

But I have lacked focus.  I did very well for a while, then life got in the way.  And when we let anything get between us and our dreams, it’s easy to lose sight of them.

But this is life.  No matter how much potential I see in Beachbody as a career, I have to focus on what is putting a roof over my head NOW, not what I think will do it later.  Basically, I can’t quit the day job.  And you guys, The Day Job has been kicking my ass lately. 

So I haven’t been focused enough on the business, and I have allowed various setbacks and obligations to distract me from my workouts and proper nutrition.  Basically I’ve been like the scrawny squirrell chasing the acorn all over the place at the beginning of the Pixar movies…when he starts rolling down a snowy hill and next thing you know he’s stuck inside an enormous snowball.  Except my snow is work, and backaches, and cheeseburgers.

Did you say cheeseburgers??

So I’m on this plane, heading to Rhode Island, to attend a meeting that marks a major turning point in a project that has been sucking up an enormous amount of my time and energy.  I’m certainly not saying that my wrok is done, or even that I’ll be able to drastically cut my hours after this, but I have high hopes of limiting Day Job time to 50 hours a week or so.  Maybe.

My back is feeling better, and this trend should contimue as long as my stress levels continue to drop.  AND I’m on the downside of a sinus infection (it's been a stubborn fucker though...I think it's in cahoots with my allergies).

I dare say if I’m not over the hump, I may be cresting it. So this is the perfect time to jump back into getting myself healthy. 

She said hump.



Enter The Ultimate Reset - The mother of all jump-starts.

Aint it purty?


I’m not going to go into a lot of detail about this program right now, except to say that you can learn more about it here…..but I will be devoting BlogOverLunch entirely to The Ultimate Reset for the next three weeks.  If you’re at all interested in getting healthy, this is the place to come to learn about this pgoram.  If you're interested in seeing how a caffeine junkie, red meat lover, vegetable hater, processed food worshiper, sugar maniac handles complete and instant withdrawal from sugar and caffeine, then easing into vegetarianism, and eventually veganism…feel free to stick around, point and laugh.  I can take it.

The plane is descending, my ears are popping, and the flight attendant is coming around with the trash bag.  I have about three sips left of my diet coke.  I’m going to shut down my laptop and savor it.  The reset starts on 6/16.  T-minus 3 days and counting.  My diet cokes are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment