Monday, June 25, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 9 - Hold the Pureed Meat

I just don't know where my days go.  I work the day job for 8 or 12 hours, work the night job a bit, spend two hours cooking and cleaning up and POOF it's over.

A certain gentleman is on his way over for a quick visit.  Driving 40 minutes to spend maybe an hour & turn around and go back, because it was the only opening we both had aside from 3am (keep it clean people) so this will be brief.

Breakfast.  Fruit.  

Prettier than yesterday.

Lunch, more of last night's beans & rice.  Even better after the spices had time to do the blendy thing.  With a microgreen salad.  I'm hearing reset peeps saying they're sick of the salad.  Not me.  I'm sick of making it, but not of eating it.

So good I ate half of it before I remembered to snap a pic.

Dinner was FREAKING AWESOME.   A bit of a pain in the ass to make, but really good.  Sweet potato and roasted red pepper bisque, with asparagus.

I was wondering what the difference is between soup and bisque, so I googled it.  

About.com says: A bisque is a rich, creamy soup made with shellfish — specifically, bisque is traditionally made with the puréed meat of crustaceans, including lobster, crab, shrimp or crayfish

So by that definition (and the internet is never wrong), this was not bisque.  This was soup.   By any definition, it was yummy and I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow.

Bisque please...hold the pureed meat.

I haven't made tomorrow's breakfast yet.  Fruit it shall be but I do have a mango.  Never had one of those before, so it'll be exciting.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment